Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kid Cudi photoshop :]

For a couple weeks we worked a lot with Photoshop and we learned how to do different effects on it. After learning all the different ways to edit pictures we were assigned to use our knowledge of what we learned about Photoshop to create another Photoshop picture that we felt deserved to be in our portfolio. For this photograph I wanted to select a picture that I had not taken because I wanted to choose a picture and then make it my own. I chose to edit a picture of Kid Cudi, a famous artist, because his pictures are really unique and I really love his music. The original picture was all in black and white and the contrast was very low. I got it off of google images and chose this one because for some reason it stood out to me.
            The first thing I did in Photoshop was duplicate the layer. I then used the magnetic lasso tool to just select Kid Cudi. I then selected the inverse. After I did this I went to picture gallery and changed the filter. After I changed the filter to the way I wanted it to be I changed the color. I changed the background color by using the color change button. After changing the color to the color I wanted I then changed the contrast. I wanted the background to stand out. After that I changed the contrast of Kid Cudi himself so that he didn’t look dull compared to the background. At the end I boosted the contrast on the overall picture and changed the curves a little bit.
            I am really happy with my final picture because it really catches my eye. I wanted people to focus on the background at first, but then proceed to focus on Kid Cudi. I edited this picture multiple times because it took me a while to finally be happy with my final picture. I chose to use this edit of the picture because the color is unique and it’s different.

No comments:

Post a Comment